Integrate the Echo Dot into your custom-installed audio system
The innovative Vail Amp 3 from Vanguard Dynamics lets you turn a wired multi-room audio system into a modern "smart" system with convenient voice control, using your 3rd-generation Amazon Echo Dot (not included) as the music source. Its 30-watt x 2 amplifier powers your in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, for way better sound than the Dot's internal speaker can produce.
Multi-room audio and voice control
You can use multiple Vail Amps (and Echo Dots) to create a whole-home system with voice control. You can tell Alexa to play different music in each room, streaming Alexa-friendly services like Spotify® and Amazon Music Unlimited via Wi-Fi®. With an Echo Dot in each room, you get manual push-button control and voice control over the system, without having to run a lot of wire or infrared repeaters. You can even go a little bit old-school and use it as an intercom system.
The Vail Amp 3 mounts your Dot in an attractive in-wall dock, where it doubles as a "local" in-wall volume control for that room. You can make the installation match your decor with the included paintable trim plate. An included wall plate module contains input connections for a local source like a TV, and an output for adding a powered subwoofer.
VAIL Amp 3 for Echo Dot 3rd Gen
- 2 x 30-watt stereo amplifier drives up to two pairs of speakers
- connects to 3rd generation Amazon Echo Dot and mounts it flush in your wall
- 4-/8-ohm output switch
- attractive single-gang wall plate with input, output, and power connections
- CAT-5 cable and 16-gauge power cable included to connect wall plate module and amplifier
- paintable snap-on trim cover for mounting Echo Dot